My name is Jen. I have been writing fiction and poetry for over a decade and editing for over five years now. My epic love for writing and copyediting first developed when I was young.
Thanks to my bachelor’s degree, in-progress master’s degree, and career, I already excel at writing creatively to grab readers’ attention. I’m all about copyediting and offering constructive criticism. My grammar and spelling are always spot on (after at least one edit).
As of June 2017, I have been an editor and critic for 25 emerging authors that post their work on Wattpad.com with over a total of almost 2 million reads.
Your’s could be next!
Five fun facts about Jen:
- I am a die-hard Harry Potter fan and a proud member of the Ravenclaw House.
- Other than all things reading and writing, my second passion is cooking, baking, and eating.
- I honestly can’t decide if I love reading or writing more.
- During the day, I am a project manager that wears way one many hats at an ear sub specialist clinic, research institute, and day camp for hearing impaired children.
- I believe you can always learn more, no matter how old you are!
“Edit like an Editor: A Wattpad Guide to Writing, Revising, & Publishing” by Jennifer Gioia
Highest Ranking #6 in Non-Fiction’s Top 1,000 HOT List.
• Do you find yourself with too many typos? They’re so simple; you don’t understand how you’re not catching them!
• Grammar and spelling tools also don’t always find your slip-ups.
• Is English grammar just not your thing?
• Are you a victim of writer’s block?
• Do your characters’ personalities fall flat?
• Have you finished your first draft and don’t know where to go from there?
• Are you in the bulk of your revising stage and could use some guidance?
Jennifer Gioia has compiled this guidebook together through her experience as a Wattpad editor and critic. She knows what the Wattpad writer struggles with. She wants to help you learn how to not make those slip-ups again, and she does so with easy-to-understand writing.
Learn how to edit your work like an editor through these chapters full of detailed explanations, examples, guides, and tips from yours truly.
After reading this guidebook, you will walk away with an understanding of (American) English grammar and the confidence to comfortably edit your own work.
The end goal for every writer is, of course, publication. Jennifer Gioia even has a few tips for you to reach that goal and how to stay on track.
Jennifer Gioia has grown as an editor and critic from college courses, textbooks, guidebooks, the Internet, editing and critiquing others’ work, and editing her own work. All references used will be cited so you may also refer to them if you wish to.
A bit about the author: Jennifer Gioia has been on Wattpad for over 7 years. She has edited and critiqued other Wattpad authors’ work over a handful of times.
Updates: Sundays starting August 2016.
Estimated completion date: December 2017.
Jennifer Gioia. Copyright © 2016-2017. All Rights Reserved.